A deployment is not a deployment until your parents visit. They come because they love you but most importantly they come to make sure you are surviving thus far and not beating their grand kids. I have not resorted to beatings yet, but I can not say I was not tempted. Please note, I do not beat..thinking and doing are two different things.
So, my parents are here so I can sleep.... you recall I am not a morning person. I hate mornings. I believe I should not crawl out of bed until after 8am and this is not a conducive time when trying to get four kids to the bus by 8am. My dad is a early riser, always has been. I am happy to delegate the morning routine to him. Please pray for him, he will need a lot of strength.
Mornings here go like this: 6am wake up two older boys and encourage them to get ready in a timely fashion. Make sure they eat breakfast and most importantly that they actually brush their teeth. Make lunches...ok I usually have them make them. I crawl back in bed after I know they are functioning okay with out me, but seeing as how grandpa is here, I know they will abuse him and he will make the lunches for them. Double check the backpacks and ask if they have all their homework and items needed for the day. Scoot them out the door for the bus by 7am. Wake up smaller kids..it is now challenge time. I wake them up at 7am. They get one hour to get dressed, eat breakfast and brush teeth. I think this is more than enough time, however, I tend to be amazed just how slow they are. I have tried waking them earlier....time is not the issue, morning is! I must assist them at every turn or they get side tracked. Tony and Cami must be separated while doing all tasks or total chaos arrives. I must make their breakfast and then stand watch over them. I must set a time limit on the bathroom use and allow only one at a time during teeth brushing. You should see what my sink looks like if they are together during that task, not to mention the amount of toothbrush fencing that happens. The next chore is my favorite..what to wear....they always win at this game and I realize it is truly an art for them. I can not count how many times I have walked in 5minutes before the bus just to see Cami standing in her underwear blankly staring at her clothes. Setting them out the night before... that is worse and disrupts bedtime. They are clothing snobs.... snobs not in a good way. They truly only wear the SAME thing day after day. My kids have loads of clothing, yet I see the same shirt and pants or skirt over and over again.
Next, I prepare lunch and I am a short order cook. They put in requests and wala...it appears.
At 8am my kids are out t he door and awaiting the bus..... the house becomes quiet and for me... I go have a 2nd and 3rd cup of coffee.
Are any of you wondering how my dad will do this? I am, I know that PAPA, as my kids call him, will be the biggest push over. I know my kids will get him and my mom to allow things I do not. For example, today I came down and saw twiddle dee and twiddle dum aka Tony and Cami watching tv while eating breakfast... whoaaa!!! Does she not realize that they will turn into cartoon zombies and breakfast will sit in their mouths but chewing will not commence. Yep, they know the rule but hey...Grandma and Papa are here. All is great in their worlds. They know that Grandma and Papa are my parents and mom always says that she is the ruler because she is our parent. Hmmm, that would mean that Grandma and Papa are moms ruler.....
My kids love when Grandma and Papa visit..... LORD HELP ME!!!!
I say to pray for my dad... he will be the one getting my kids ready. I take after my mom and she dislikes mornings too! I ask for help because I know my kids will get my parents to buy into slack rules.
Bill-
Glad you finally showed me helmet and flak. I was getting worried. I am now concerned with your peeing issue. I will see if I can find you a more suitable bottle to use at the bedside....hint hint to all of you sending care packages.....hint hint to all my nursing and doctor friends. I think a healthy bladder package is needed from everyone!!!!!! Beware of what you open next honey....LOL
ROFL at the morning antics by Tony and Cami...you have described my older two. Supervised meals and bathroom separations are a must! Glad your parents are there to reinforce you. Aren't grandparents wonderful????
ReplyDelete;-)
ReplyDeleteGlad your parents are there to help! If I was there we could have 9 AM coffee:)
ReplyDeleteHow perfectly charming the children are...and I know grandma's and papa's all over the world are there to just spoil the children...and when they have achieved the task...they go home...lol
ReplyDelete