Today is Cami's 7th Birthday. It doesn't seem possible, that seven years ago Bill and I were at Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune holding our baby girl. Time has truly flown by and I have enjoyed watching my daughter grow up. There are days she tests me to the core, but more often than not she shows me pure love. She is our sunshine.
The morning started out with me cooking her breakfast .... yes I cooked scrambled eggs, sausage and hash browns... every item was done via microwave... I am a chef!!! For those of you that know me, you know that I do not like mornings and therefore I do not cook breakfast. Breakfast is the meal Bill does. He is great at it, but seeing as how he is not here, I had to step up. This truly was a huge feat for me. Bill called at 7am and sang Happy Birthday to Cami. She was all smiles for today was her day and Daddy started it our for her.
I volunteer at Cami's school one day a week and wouldn't you know it...today was my day. I got to see her classmates sing to her. I brought in drinks and cupcakes to share. This evening I cooked again.... chicken and dumplings and this time I used the stove! It was her request and I aim to please. We are heading to cheer practice in a bit and bringing treats for her friends there. Today is about her and I think she is soaking up all of the love. Sundaes will be made later when Sal gets home and we will sing to her again before she goes to bed.
I am making a point for her to feel special...today on her 7th birthday she does not get to hug her daddy.... so I am making sure she does not notice. I know Bill would prefer to be here, but knowing that there is a possibility that he might miss 2 birthdays of hers....well then I will suffer through a day of cooking, of singing 4x, of hugging til she wants no more. Truly..it is not suffering at all. I love my daughter and will give her the world!!!!!
Bill-
You made your daughters day with a simple phone call and a song. You amaze me and trust me...Cami felt your love across the oceans...(there is an ocean between us right?)
Show her how much you love her.....put on your helmet and your flak... if not for me than do it for her!!!!!
Awaiting pics!!
Happy Birthday to my Princess! I love you and miss you bunches!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Daddy
LMAO "there is an ocean between us, right?" you are doing great, girl! I'll give you a geo exam when the year is up!
ReplyDelete