Friday, February 4, 2011

Who am I today?????......Day 342+

Over the past couple of days and even week I have noticed one thing around here. A lot of the husbands are gone and the rest are busy doing workups to leave. The atmosphere is changing and it is becoming very estrogen charged. The men that remain, are slowly making themselves scarce when us women come around. I know that we are not the plague...but I get it. There are times that I do not want to hear what the others are saying or deal with who shows up ( you will understand that comment in a second..keep reading). Not a single one of us can say we are not changed in some way or other. That we do not act slightly different, we all do. It is called coping and all of us deal with OUR husbands deployment differently. This is when I think we show our multiple personalities.. I have named them all...  (I am sane, I truly am, but I did notice these traits pretty quickly in all of us)

Some are Strong Sally, some are Wendy Whiner, some are Nervous Nelly, some are Anxious Annie and some are Bottle Betty to name only a few.  For the most part I believe that each of us visit one of these personalities along our journey of military separation. I know I was a Sally at the farewell, I had to be for my kids. I had to be strong and not break into an emotional spiral.  At night when my house is quiet, I am a Nelly. I swear I heard someone in my attic last evening moving chairs around. To say the least,  I did not get much sleep as I envisioned some crazy person pushing down my attic stairs and saying hello to me. I am aware at how ridiculous it sounds, but Bill is not near me to say "honey, it is just the cat running on the stairs". This is when Wendy showed up and I truly wanted to cry about missing my old neighbor and dear friend Shelley...ok and her big dogs. She would come to my home with her big dogs when Nelly appeared to scare away the boogey man that the military told me about. After Nelly leaves, her twin sister Annie arrives almost immediately.... lack of sleep makes all of us anxious. Anxiety of life comes in the early mornings, when you realize another day has started and you made it through another day. You are still waiting for that shoe to drop, for that knock at the door, but you made it one more day.  Anxious Annie is an ugly creature. Next to show up is Betty... she will help calm and relax you, she will take your mind off all the worries.  I prefer a Betty that hails from russia and can be either white or black, makes no difference to me. Betty likes company so usually this is when you surround yourself with your neighbor friends.  I am not saying any or all of these women show up nightly, but they do show up many times during the deployment. Some I would love to slam the door on.and some I greet with a smile.

No straight jacket required... I am mentally capable, but I thought you all might like to see into the mind of CRAZY!!!!  You understand my bubble now don't you???

Bill-
I expect to see helmet and flak soon, I am not sure how long I can keep Nelly or Annie at bay and we all know that her friends come soon after!!!
No jokes required about all the women in your life!!! LOL

2 comments:

  1. I just had to tell you one more time how much I am enjoying reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't had the pleasure of meeting any of your lovely friends...maybe bottle betty, once or twice ;-)

    ReplyDelete