You know you all do it, each and every one of us are guilty of saying a lie or a fib or a half truth to protect our loved one. When they are overseas in harms way, we lie... yep we lie to our men. We do it to protect them. These are not big fat lies, but they are lies none the less. We tell half truths about ourselves to our spouse. When they call and ask how we are doing, we answer that we are doing well. We could have just pulled out our hair and cried all night long from the sorrow involved with separation, but we say we are doing well. When they ask how the kids are, we reply "oh great, they are doing good in school, they are behaving".... yep we lie!!! We leave out anything that we seem unhappy or sad or worrisome. We do not want our men to focus on us, but to focus on themselves so they return safe. We paint a picture so that they do not worry nor feel guilty for leaving. WE LIE, WE LIE, WE LIE.
I lied.... yep I did.... I feel no remorse for this half truth, it will benefit my husband. I will tell him about my lie later, when he is home... or I will forget what the lie is... ..ok he will find out now that I have blogged about it, but hey I never said we did not get busted for our lies. I am only pointing out that we stay true to our marriages, true to ourselves, but.....we tell little lies. I will tell Bill I am doing great and that all is well... I will tell him I have a cold when I actually have pneumonia...(no honey I do not have pneumonia, I am just expressing what I mean about half truths). I might tell him the kids are doing well, when in reality they remain wetting the bed and crying about simple daily events. I say goodbye to him on the phone call in my happy voice, when I know as soon as he hangs up.. I will be crying because I miss him so.
I run interference for my husband. I prefer to be the bearer of bad news should it need to be delivered. I may wait a week if I can, based on what he may be doing at the time. If I believe he is in harms way and executing a maneuver, the bad news will wait.
Here is the disclaimer.... Bill knows me and knows me well. He knows that I will down play some things and that others I am unable to hold back. Bill knows... he just does. He knows this half truth/lie of protection I weave. This is the game we play, it works for us.... heck I still think he is in RI somewhere.
He also knows that if there is something of grave importance, I will not wait nor will I lie... he is part of this family and will notified immediately. (Remember he is my rock and I truly need his input on many items of my life).
Bill--
Should you want me to pass on any more important Sablan briefings to you... wear your flak and your helmet!!! CINC of Sablan House is about to revoke your clearance!
i hate reading your blogs. i just lied ;-)
ReplyDelete