Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The donut fairy!!! Day 337 +

WOW.... my day started with the Donut Fairy arriving.. I love the donut fairy and I think I have found a new friend... Thank you so very much Jill!! One must realize that is truly is the small things in life that make your day, make you smile and make you feel loved. Today, a new friend showed up at my door with the gift of Dunkin Donuts. She said she had been reading the blog and thought of me, thought I could use something. WOW!! What an amazing little thought that truly made my day. I do believe that if I had I known donuts would come to the door, I would have started this blogging much sooner! :)
I say a new friend, because I have only had the opportunity to chat with this spouse on the sideline of a soccer game, at a social event at the club, and possibly at the school. I truly would have told people that I know her, but would not be able to call her friend. You see, that is what makes my life as a military spouse so wonderful. I am surrounded by amazing women that think not of themselves but of the other spouses. She has been following my blog and felt compelled to show me support in the form of a donut.... she truly does know me well! There was not a long friendship or years of knowing one another, she did this because she is one of us. She understands the trials we go through and she made the largest gesture toward me, one I will truly not forget.  I will be indebted to her for some time. I am not sure she understands how grateful I was to see her this morning. Thank you again and bless you for caring. I will try my best to return this gesture to another when her time of need occurs. We all know how hard it is to find a friend we feel comfortable enough to share our secrets with. It is hard enough to do when you live in one place let alone when you must do so every few years. Saying goodbye to friends is hard, but finding new ones is truly the hardest.

We have all read the poem of a friend for a season, reason or lifetime. I will share below. I do not know the author. It seems fitting to post it today. Thank you Jill..thank you for being a friend. I would love for it to be for a lifetime, regardless of which, I am elated that I can call you a FRIEND!


Reason, Season, or Lifetime
People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty;
to provide you with guidance and support;
to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.

Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

— Unknown

Bill- I know I tell you to wear your flak and helmet... seriously,  telling me you just got your sappy(? not really sure if that is the term or spelling) plate...today!!!  Unacceptable.. I think you better make friends like I have, mine care enough to bring me donuts...maybe yours can care enough to make sure you have all your gear!


2 comments:

  1. You are so welcome and your kind words and appreciation just made my morning! I hope your day was better than the one before and I'm glad I could bring something positive to your day. And yes, you can definitely call me a friend!

    ReplyDelete