This is one of those do not judge me posts. This is also one of those go ahead and pray for me posts, I am sure I am not nearly as god fearing as I should be and all the help I can get is welcomed... I say this meaning you can pray for me but do not preach to me.
I am a Catholic, I am not necessarily a great one, but I am Catholic. I believe in the holy trinity, I believe in God and I believe in my church. I do, however, have opinions that sometimes may put my faith in the church to question. I like to call myself a reformed Catholic... not sure they exist, but the term helps me deal with the Catholic guilt I get when I disagree with certain positions in the church. I will not share those differences, just pointing out that I have them. I also do not attend mass regularly, I know this is horrible.. pray for me now! I do, however, try very hard to raise my kids right by the church, I take them to mass when I can, I enroll my kids in religious education, I promote the sacraments in my home and I try.... I believe God loves me and will forgive my disobedient Catholic ways.
Now, my kids... they provide me grief in regards to mass... they truly dislike it. I do not blame them I remember being their age and sitting for an hour listening to a sermon that made no sense to me. Heck, even today there are times I do not know where the readings are going and how they are going to help me in my life. This is where not being a great Catholic falls... I let my kids whining determine my mass outings. Yep, if they are very determined not to go... I tend to agree. I truly do not feel God nor the Pope intended for Sundays to be the day I loathe my children all because of mass. Remember all of you Christians...you are not allowed to judge.
Now, Bill being as far away as he is, he is attending service weekly...maybe even daily. I get it, I understand the need to be closer to your faith when you are in an environment such as he. What I am fearful of, is that he will grow in his faith without us. I do not want him to return and look upon his family as a bunch of heathens. I guess mean mom is going to enforce mass now. I am hopeful that I will attend twice a month and all holy days of obligation as set forth by my church. I point that out on here, hoping that it will guilt me into truly following through. I also believe I can sell my kids on 2x a month.... yes I negotiate a lot!!!!!!
Bill-
I hope you not only pray for your comrades, but for your family. You have seen our kids when we attempt mass without their blessings. I will now need your helmet and flak for my survival... do you think the church will look at me funny while I wear it to mass????
Lord grant me strength and Bill's DI voice. I am thinking that you may want to send reinforcements to help me.
tee, i pray for bill, you and the kids every day ;-)
ReplyDelete