Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mom vs Kids and phase two is here!!!! Day 338+

Yea.... it has arrived. Phase two is starting... this would be the phase of acceptance emotionally, physically and spiritually. I am now ready to get up and run with my duties. I am prepared to be busy, busy all the time and endure late nights with early mornings. I am ready to clean, cook, plant, but best of all cope. I am ready to be the mean mom.... no more letting things slide as the kids cope with Dad being gone.. Mrs. Nice Guy, has left the building. My kids found this out this morning as I started to implement new rules in the home. Ok, not new but rules that I have let them slide on because of mommy guilt. That darn guilt lasted a whole month!!! My kids got extra game time, less chore work, more friends over, and later bedtimes. That is gone...the abuse I have endured by them is over. I am now mentally and emotionally strong enough to win the battle of the minds. They will now have to assist in the maintenance of the home, this is not new, but boy have they been lacking here. I am done cleaning all the bathrooms...hello I have 3 boys!!! They are not the most accurate of people. I am going to call a family meeting and the chore chart is coming out. This mom is done, done being the maid and the cook.... I have been enslaved by them long enough. It is time for me to be that kept wife I dreamt about. Using your kids as slaves is legal right??????
This all started after skyping this morning with Bill when I noticed I could not see the dining table over the crafts, computers and books. I saw the trash bag I took out of the trashcan still sitting on the floor. I took it out thinking that surely my kids would see the big white bag and remove it. Nope, that 5 ft to the back door must have been heavily guarded. The clean dishes that were washed were still sitting on the counter, hmmm that was 3 days ago. Yep skyping with Dad was the tell all. I could see it in his face that he was looking about quite strangely. He was looking at a mess of a home. He is surely concerned for our well being and this is what he sees. Time for the kids to complete the chores, obviously the cursing was not as effective as I thought. You see, it would be easy for me to have done the above tasks, but they are my kids chores. Remember,  Bill left his cammies out when he left and I am not putting them away.. for a whole year because ....it is not my chore!!! I can win at this stale mate my kids think they have me in. I am the MOM!!!!!

I will fill you in on how well my mom/kid battle goes. I will be strong here, I will not give in!!!!!


Bill- We all have our battles to deal with, yours is on foreign soil with bad guys. Mine, is on the home front against our kids. Maybe you should send me your flak and helmet..I have yet to see you use it and I am thinking I might need it!!!!

3 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better my kids don't do any of the stuff I ask either! I do, however, eventually give in. I am a messy person by nature and when I reach the limit you know it is bad!

    ReplyDelete