I am cruising right along with this deployment... I am blessed with the fact that my husband is fortunate to call home frequently.. I hate to say this.. but sometimes it is too frequent. I love ya honey, but seriously it has been 62 days thus far and you have not figured out the time zone difference. You know how hectic life is in this house during the morning rush to school, after school sport dash, dinner time, and bedtime..... seriously.... why is it that that is the only time you can call?????? I do not mean to sound ungrateful.. I know several wives whom get little contact... but I am not in their shoes... I am wearing mine today and this is my problem. I think Bill has a form of radar that he is able to pick up on when life is crazy here and that is when he must call. I must be sending him some form of brain wave during high stress and or conversations about him.... what else could it be?? Here is my example.... yesterday I was out to lunch with friends for a birthday celebration...yes we started to talk about our men.. this is what we do! I had just mentioned that my hubby would not put up with something and that he had a pair.... at that moment my phone rings and it is Bill... right on cue when discussing his pair! The conversation at the table was starting to go a bit crazy and slightly dirty and of course Bill did hear a snippet... now I know he said goodbye completely red faced and wanting out of the conversation.... even miles away our men really do not want to know what we talk about. Later in the evening we reconnected again and his first question to me was..... How in the hell did that come up??? I only laughed and proceeded to mortify him with the conversation that almost had us peeing in our pants. Yes.... I love the girls I was with.. thanks for making me laugh and making me forget just how serious life is for a moment. Thanks for helping me embarrass my husband from afar... This is my tactic.. the longer he stays away the more embarrassing stories I can share without him defending himself. I think that that alone would make him want to come home sooner and safe.
Bill-
Hurry home.. I have a large repertoire I can pull from in regards to embarrassing moments and crazy thoughts. I usually just replay these things with you..but since I can not readily do so, my neighbors and friends will benefit!!!
Take care... keep helmet and flak on with gun in hand. You may need them to fend off the brain waves I send!
No comments:
Post a Comment