Ok seeing as how I had a girls night out on Saturday mixed in with some great logistics on kid placement and such....I was too busy to blog... my life was actually moving very fast the last couple of days and now I have dropped below 300 days!!!!! WOOHOO!!! I will count this as a blessing. Over 65 days have passed and I am not in a straight jacket, my kids are healthy (knock on wood), no major appliance issue (knock on wood), and no big catastrophes (knock on wood.. yes I woke up the house knocking)...yet!! I will take it. I will take it and run with it and be happy.
During the last 65 days I have been the mom, the cook, the maid, the driver, the financier, the counselor and the referee...only to name a few and I survived. You can call me in another 65 days to see if I am still managing.
I am not saying there have not been some tough days here and there, but overall... life is good. Heck even the cat has survived... now that is saying something. He is sticking it out for Bill to return.
I have been fortunate to talk with Bill frequently, I will say this.. I am elated I get to hear his voice and rant about nonsense in my life... but nothing will be quite right here in this home until I can hold him again. Friends around me are in the last weeks of their deployments and the yellow ribbons and flags are decorating their homes.. it looks amazing. It makes you smile! I am happy for my friends and I can say this without envy... I am truly happy for them... I just made it past 65 days....WOOHOO!!!!
Bill-
I can appreciate your need to tell me about your venture to town.. but hello a girl would like a souvenir... they gotta have something right??? I heard they have poppy there.... is that a kind of chocolate?? Is it a special poppy seed I can use on my muffins? I am awaiting my souvenir from RI to arrive any day. My bubble remains intact and all negative news is being thwarted when presented. Stay safe... I love you and need you home. More pictures please.... and none of them better have you wearing a cheesy mustache!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment