Today is Sunday, I sit and reflect while the kids are at Sunday school class. It is a time when the house is quiet and the coffee is hot. In these moments I think of just how lucky I am to have the life I do. I am married to the most wonderful man and have four beautiful and amazing kids. Today, my eyes welled up not in sorrow but in joy. I am lucky and today was a good day to reflect. To think about all the positives in my life that outweigh the giant negative one.... you know the fact that Bill is not here right now. My negative today seemed pale in comparison to some... some wives and kids out there are not getting their husband or daddy back, their daddy and hubby has been placed in heaven. Today I remain thankful for my wonderful life and the going to pray that those who have lost their loved one find peace in their hearts. I bring this sad fact up because on occasion I visit a caring bridge site of a dear friend and Tony's godfather. He passed away over 123 days ago.. I know this number because his wife counts up as I count down. I can only read her thoughts and pray... that she feels Joe in her heart. I know he loved her as immensely as I love Bill. I know that they were blessed to have what time God gave them. For you D---- I will celebrate each day I have with Bill and try to not complain about his absence. I will try but I also know that you know me well enough to laugh at that comment. You need to know that you inspire me daily and we love you.
Happy Birthday Joe Lucia... belated yes (March 7, 1968)... but I know that the rains today are you washing down the floors of heaven after one kick ass party!
Hug the ones you love and cherish every moment you share even if you share via phone and skype. They are still moments.
Bill- Keep safe... I need you home. I need you with me and the kids. There is no other option. That said... helmet and flak at all times.. who cares that it is over 88 degrees and you will be sweaty. Stinky may keep you safe!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment