Friday was a beautiful day and this should have tipped me off., some call it spring fever... I call it battle of the project nazi. I had plants bought and digging to do. I told myself I was only going to dig in some bushes...that resulted in about 6 hours of full fledged replanting of pots and plants in my garden. I could not stop, the PN (project Nazi) was yelling for me to go on. I raked up all the pine needles in the front garden and am ready for mulch now. I planted over 3 flats of flowers, dug up 4 dead bushes, potted strawberries, and planted replacement bushes. Neighbors showed up for happy hour and I entertained them with my raking and digging skills. How much fun am I? I was on a mission and it had to be completed. I know Bill is happy to be where he is.. he hates the PN too!
Fast forward to yesterday.... beautiful 80 degree weather, kids out of school early... great day to play!! Nope... the PN is still winning the battle in my head. I dig up 27 large stepping stones that have been in place for a good 15 years. I could not see several of them as they had dropped into the earth only to be claimed by my craziness. They are a good 20lbs each if not more... today they feel like 50 lbs each..my arms are screaming! I dig all these giant stones up and move them to the house and a patio is built. Yep all in one day... ok so the last row needs to be leveled out today. My mind is winning today because I do not hear the PN screaming at me to finish ..... I wonder if this will be left for Bill as a token of our need of him. I will take pics today and get them posted here so you can see the destruction..aka patio. Now, when you dig something up that is large, a hole is left behind. Yep, I am now the proud owner of dirt hole stepping stones. They line up all they way to my mailbox. I now not only need to level the patio, I need to go find a truckload of dirt to fill the holes in. I never said my PN was smart. I assume that the PN will return this afternoon and I will be driving Bill's truck to the dirt pile and yes...loading my own dirt into the truck and then unloading at the house. The weather man just said rain is on its way... I am not looking forward to small swimming pools in my backyard for the kids to play in. The PN is coming.. I hear him running in my head and screaming at me now!!!!!!!!!!!
patio almost done.... last 2 rows getting worked on leveling.. but I was done for the day
holes where stones once were
patio as I started laying the stones
pic of the dead bushes I dug up
one of the 3 window boxes I did
Bill,
Be sure to come home... your R&R dates may not be soon enough.. your home is under attack the PN is here and wielding a full assault on my head! Lord help me and your children... you know he will soon have his hand on them to participate in this fun!
Bring your helmet and your shovel.... one too wear and one to hit me over the head with!
Stay safe and stay strong.... come home soon. Crazy is running around here now.





No comments:
Post a Comment