Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Duty to country...hell no.... I am a kept woman! Day 351+

I have made it 2 weeks... 2 weeks as a single mom and ya know what.. It sucks!!! I do not like this job. I laugh as I type this because I know a lot of women who are single moms, moms who have to do everything on their own, and I am whining about 2 weeks. Those other moms not only have to be the mom they are also required to be the family bread winner.  Can you even imagine, doing truly everything alone.... this is not a vision I like and therefore, I am removing from my bubble!!!  You see I am a kept woman, yes in my bubble. (LOL) Bill has a job that pays him two times a month and magically it appears in MY account.  Yes, I am a kept women... I think I may have to discuss my husbands pay with the corps. I think my standards require much more money than he makes. Yes, I am living the high life in base housing. I am receiving health care for free. I am provided security. My kids are getting a base education.... WOW... I am so lucky..... I only had to mortgage my husband off for a year. A year of 16-18hour days with little sleep and communication standards comparable to a prison inmate. Yep... I chose wisely, I chose to be a kept woman...... it could be me serving my country!!!
So thank you honey... thank you for taking care of us and for providing me this life. I hate not being with you but I know the alternative would be so much worse. Can you even visualize me trading places....UGH!!! Lord help us if that should ever occur.
Please know that I am not bitter.. I am truly happy with my life... my husband chose a job he loves and I support him for doing so, but come on... how many of us hear about how lucky we are and how great all the things I listed must be. Are you serious.... there is not a single spouse out there that would not be willing to stop living the military lifestyle if it meant they could see and hug their husbands daily. Our lifestyle is not that glamorous. Our housing is ........ I can't even describe that. Our health care is what you all are about to experience in 2 years time....I was blessed with a head start and know how to work that system already. Our school system.... not real sure where I fall on that matter.
You see, we love our lifestyle in the military because we love our husbands... we love them with every ounce of our being. That is what the public sees, they see our undying love and adoration and to them it looks as if we truly are living the life of luxury. The public thinks we must be receiving something amazing from our government because we are so willing to move, to be single parents, to accommodate to new friends. What they miss it that is is not for our country and not for the Corps that we remain content. It is because we are in love with and loved by a Marine or Soldier. It is not a calling it is.......LOVE.



 Bill- I just put my undying love for you out to the world... the only thing I asked for was you to wear your helmet and flak daily at all times... is it truly that hard???? I expect to see photos of you wearing them... in bed, at the chow hall, in the bathroom.. ok you can be washing your hands.


I must also send out props to all you single moms of the world who do it all and do it well. I praise you for your strength and stand in awe of your courage.

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your daily thoughts. enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally! My husband leaves for 2, 3 or 4 days a week and I am nuts by the time he arrives home. I don't know how I would handle it for a year and I'm quite sure I don't know how I'd do it for a "lifetime". I have given kudos to single moms many times in my life and now once again I can see it is time to give these out again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there are single dads out there too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok.... props to the single dads too..... keep in mind that I have yet to meet any that are a full time dad therefore I could not give a shout out.... Not saying you are not a good dad... but I was referring to the single parents that truly have their kids 100% and no help from the sperm/uterine donors...

    ReplyDelete