Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 354+ Old man cat Mister... hmmm

Woke this morning to find my cat Mister still kicking. He is 20+ years old. I say this because I have had him that long and he was not exactly a kitten when I got him. He is old, he has illnesses, he truly should have died before today. He, however, is spoiled rotten and has no reason to go to a better place. Living with me is pretty darn good if you are an animal. Just ask Bill... he LOVES my animals. He says my animals get treated better than him. I still think when he whacked the cats tail off in the door that it was no accident. I will say that Mister truly tested my husband.  Mister is Bills' nemesis and I truly did believe that since he made the move here, he might just live long enough for Bill to come home.. this would be cat spite!!!  So, today I watch him, watch to see if this is just a bad day or if it is his last day. The kids are comforting the old man by petting him and hanging out on the couch. The cat is at his best while sleeping on my furniture. So far, so good, we will wait and see if he holds out to welcome Bill home. I would see this as a miracle and Bill would see this as a joke by God.
I will keep you informed of my cat. I know Bill is on the edge of his seat awaiting news.
(Remember, we joke about the cat and his expected life span aka death...it is how I deal).

On, to happier tidings for me.  I went to my monthly neighborhood bunko game . Keep in mind, this is more social than bunko. We like to have our drinks/wine and amazing food. We tend to talk way too much and then we play...sometimes that may not even happen. I have to say this is the best one I have been involved with yet. Thank you ladies!!!!   Currently over half of the group is without spouses and the rest are holding onto time until they are without theirs as well. So, here I am at bunko on glass 3 of sangria when my friend gets a call from her hubby who is at home with kids. I am told.. "run home, hurry Bill is on the phone."  I dart out of the house like it is on fire almost colliding with my son Sam who has run to this home to retrieve me. You would think it has been months since we talked the way my whole family was acting. We were all smiles and giddy... Daddy has called and Bill has made everyone's day, week and month. See, it is the simple things we miss the most, the sound of his voice and the I love you's he gives. I went to bed content... it did not hurt that I also won our Left, Right, Center game we play....$60 richer...yoohoo!!! Yes, friends and neighbors..I am rubbing it in!!!!

Bill- I have dollar bills galore and now I just need you to stay safe and keep you helmet and flak on at all times. I am more than happy to send my winnings as a bribe! :) I also need you to realize that I may decided to send Mister to you to keep you company.... I guess that should be the bribe... if you do not do as I say..he is coming your way. Send pictures now  as a sign of proof you are doing as you are told.

1 comment:

  1. Girl...u had me on the edge of my seat for his call to you all!!! Wwoohhhhoooo!! PS...keeping Mister in our prayers!! Crazy cat!

    ReplyDelete