Sunday, September 18, 2011

wow time is going going gone

So I originally thought I could blog about the things I went through over the last couple months and keep you all entertained and informed.... yep I had some very high expectations of myself. Needless to say, that won't be happening. So here is the cliff note version of what has happened over the last couple of months.... SUMMER!!!
Summer came and went. I anticipated the kick off of the summer with a visit from Bill during his R&R. It was a great kickoff. I blogged a bit on how R&R went, so lets zip right along.

A traumatic event did occur after Bill left from R&R... my old man Mister... our 20 year old cat died. He died early in the morning with me stroking his fur and praying for him to not suffer any longer. We buried him next to the other cat and placed our dogs ashes alongside him. My oldest was such the man and offered to dig the burial hole for me. He does not realize... ok now he will..... just how huge that offer was. I needed help that day in the form of someone having my back. Bill was not here and as much as I try to not lean on my oldest... I leaned on him that day. He dug a great hole.... Mister is at peace and surrounded by his animal family. He held on to say good - bye to Bill.  Now I wonder what animal will be welcomed in my home next...hmmmm...

 I  took the kids to Florida where I spent two wonderful weeks. Part of the time I was on the beach with my parents and the rest I was at Disney. The beach and time with my parents was wonderful. It always is and I can only hope and pray that in our next chapter of life I get to live near them.
I met my dear friend Shelley and her daughter at Disney.  I had the best time at Disney...I only had my younger two kids, Tony and Cami. We had a ball and during all of it.. I did feel a bit guilty. Guilty for having such a good time without Bill. He loves Disney... ok so he will not admit it.. but he does :) The kids get along so well and after a year apart they did not skip a beat. Giggles happened daily and they were exhausted by nights end. I will go back and do that again. I  needed this visit with my friend. I needed my non military friend with me... the one who laughs with me, makes me laugh and who just understands me. This is not to say that I do not have other friends who do this for me, but Shelley is well Shelley. Everyone should be so lucky to have her. I love ya girl!!!
Upon returning home high school sports practice had started for my oldest and classic soccer had begun for the other two boys in the family. I was up and running as a soccer mom!!! Whew!! August flew by and school started.
I am sure there is so much more that occurred in there but due to my inability to remember much... it must be lost or currently out to lunch.

Gotta love this second stage of deployment.. I have been coasting and truly it really is flying by!!!!!


Bill-

Life is going fast and I know from your perspective it may not be.. forgive me if I have little time to talk or email... I will try to do better I promise....
 I will... but only if I get more pics of you in personal protective gear. I also think I should up the ante to you staying behind a desk.... be very concerned about what I may choose as the next animal member! Go ahead friends and family... give me some ideas of what we should get.

2 comments:

  1. Tee- I can't tell you how much I needed my time with you too! Hannah will remember that trip forever. She still talks about games they played and stuff we did, like it was yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously... what is sazzafras????

    ReplyDelete