Tuesday, September 20, 2011

cruise control is broken and road rage

So time has truly flown by lately. I think my cruise control is set at 100mph. I know I drive that fast so why would I think my cruise control is not set there. Maybe my cruise control is broken... I may just be stuck at fast forward. I am just BUSY.... and truly that is an understatement.
The boys are all in soccer and Cami has been signed up for gymnastics. This has me driving off base regularly. For those of you not in the know, driving off base during certain times is horrendous. It is the mass exodus of contract workers, marines and parents during end of workday hours. It can take me 30 minutes to drive 4 miles. I hate this exodus and avoid at all cost. There is always that one person that is unwilling to allow me to merge. I MUST merge to leave the base and trust me I did not choose the lane that ends, it is the only one I have when leaving the housing area. Can you PLEASE let me in???? I truly think road rage will occur and yet due to having my children I refrain from flipping the bird. I still silently curse the driver out and you know what... nine times out of ten it is a MARINE. You would think that just maybe they would take pity on a minivan mom full of kids. NOPE... we are waging our own war here. War of the roads that is...minivan mom vs. Marine...hmmmm.... I wonder who will win???
I started driving the truck..yes this is Bill's truck.. his baby. I drive it thinking it is bigger and if road rage does set in I can drive over people. I have seen the monster truck show... I can do that!
Sorry honey, you did say to drive the truck while you were gone. It works REAL well. :)


Bill-
Take care of yourself, wear all the gear ya can, stay behind a desk, watch your back. I got your truck and now will drive it daily until you get home. No worries here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment