So I did it.. I pranked my husband in Afghanistan on April Fool's Day... he just so happened to skype us on Friday morning and the kids were excited to see and hear him. I thought, what great timing..now we can get him.
If you know my husband well you understand that he has a love for his truck. He has always had this love for his vehicles. His vehicles remain show room quality and then there is my vehicle.... lets just say mine is worse for wear. So this is what I did, I told Bill that our oldest accidentally backed his truck into...yep the new van while getting the truck out of the garage for me. This is not a huge lie.. Sal our oldest would on occasion back the vehicles up for us he just has not hit anything yet (knock on wood). I watched as my husband tried his hardest to stay calm and cool. My middle boy was out of camera shot because he was caracking up and would give up my ruse. It was not until I saw Bill look at his watch... wanting this conversation to end ..that he looks up at us and says... "It is April 1st." 500 teeth came through that screen as well as a huge sigh of relief.
Yes, I find myself funny!
On to tonight..... I have a freshman in high school that is a member of the JROTC program. He must have a regulation haircut and tomorrow is inspection. He told me earlier today that he needed a haircut and instead of getting it this morning when he had time...he played PS3 and hung out with a friend. He had a gold match at 1pm and was occupied until after 630pm. Guess what time the barber shop closes...yep 6pm. Now than at 730pm he reminds me of his hair dilemma... oh ok..let me jump through hoop number one and drive you to the barber just to be sure. Yep...CLOSED! I then drive to barber shop number two....yep CLOSED!
Now here comes hoop number two.... I drive to a friends in hopes that her Marine can cut hair...NOPE!
Now it is after 830pm and I have posted on my facebook page that I am in need of a barber or a friend who can pretend to be one. I was blessed with clippers....me... with clippers. I can feel Bill's blood pressure rising. I had clippers once about 10 years ago when Bill asked me to cut his hair. Let's just say that I laughed a lot while he steamed. I told my son that I can not do this...but with endearing eyes...he says come on mom you can try. How am I supposed to say NO to that? I try... the clippers must be dull since he is screaming that it pulls and hurts...all the while I am entertained that he is getting the epilady of all haircuts. My son now has shorter hair... it looks a bit mangy.... maybe when they inspect him he can say he has alopecia. I am shorter than him so at my angle it looks great!
This is where is only gets worse... he hands me a razor... yep..he says to fix it....LOL ..... ok I can make it worse so that is fixing it right? What a sport and what a great son to truly believe in his mom. To trust me......
he thinks he can do this??
OMG...
OMG...
Side view of final
final cut
Note.... upon my original post of this cut... my son did fix his hair... hence the happy camper
Bill- I believe all of this is your fault....you were supposed to address all things military with him so he would not ask anything of me...I believe you left out..BY NO MEANS LET YOUR MOM CUT YOUR HAIR!
With that said, you may want to email his instructor to get pity points for your son, he had to deal with his mom and clippers. He did not even yell at me....he should get points for that!
Clippers are being returned tomorrow... Sal will be awaiting a call from you so you can say sorry for failing to give fatherly advice! I have packaged up the hand held mirror we have.... I sure as heck did not want Sal to find it and see how bad his hair is!
Stay safe and wear your flak and helmet... you may need your helmet when you come home to hide your hair from a revenge cut!







Where are the pictures?
ReplyDeleteAccording to fb, Sal fixed his own hair. But I am hoping you got pics before you allowed him to do that. And that was mean about the truck. At least you didn't let him get off the call worried.
ReplyDelete