Where was my invite??? Why did the bride and groom not think I should be in attendance.... come on we all know us military wives would have at the least livened the party a bit!!!
Instead, I attended a Royal Wedding breakfast party with the women of my neighborhood. Most of us are currently sans husbands...so yes a wedding was just what we needed to emotionally bond us. I must say as I watched the wedding, yes DVR'd- ... we all know I hate mornings and as much as I might love a great wedding at 4am...HECK NO!!!! a dry eye was hard to have. We girls and moms sat around laughing at some things, critiquing the hats...hello who couldn't, and eating some great food. We enjoyed just being part of something historical and sharing some fond memories of our own weddings. We laughed... we sat in awe and to be honest... we shed maybe one tear. That tear for me was of happiness, for a couple that I can only hope will share the bond that I share with Bill. That tear was also one of longing that I have for my husband.
With that said... enjoy Prince William and Princess Katherine..... us girls here in the hood hope you have a wonderful life together. We hope you both have found your true love as we all have here.
Bill-
Lucky for you that you were in Afghanland.. I would have dragged you with me today and yes... you would have come. You would have loved it!!!! HA
Hoping you wore your dress uniform today in honor of your British comrades who are celebrating a glorious wedding in their native land.
How fun! You guys have so much fun and do so much together down in the hood.
ReplyDelete