Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Anniversary........an amazing gift ..Day 274+

Today is my 15th Wedding Anniversary. I was lucky to have married my one true love, my soul mate, my split apart. On this day... once again I am celebrating alone.. without my husbands presence.. but by all means not without his love. You see as a military spouse you get used to the fact that all important holidays and celebrations... will more than likely be celebrated without your spouse. You never celebrate alone, your fellow wives will be sure of that! This is one benefit to living on base, you will always feel loved by your neighbors when a birthday or celebration happens. These women fill that void and celebrate with you, for him. ( I was fortunate to also find this in great neighbors off base as well).
Today was different. My adoring loving husband gave me a gift that I will cherish forever. He made me cry.. not from sorrow or even from missing him... but out of pure love and emotion for him. He truly placed me on my pedestal......this is what I feel all women should be on and yes he is aware of this. Let me rephrase this.. 15 years ago I told him on our wedding day that as long as he makes me feel like the most important thing in his life....regardless of whether I truly am at that moment and places me on a pedestal above anything else.. I would always be happy and that life would be easy. See, I was honest from the beginning about my expectations. He laughed at me and said.. no problem.. that is easy!

He makes it looks so easy.. he makes loving me look easy.. I know that this can not be the case.. I am a wee bit difficult, but he truly shows me his love and tells me he loves me daily.... but today... today he topped even himself. He sent me an email telling me to go on his account and load a video and then come back to my email and read his Anniversary letter as it loaded. It loaded and I heard him talking... and then I heard the music. My husband recorded himself serenading me. I sat and watched and cried.... to be loved that much truly touches your soul. There were two other Marines in the video playing guitars and singing back up.. this was a full on effort. I then received calla lilies.... my wedding bouquet flowers. I also received a phone call and got to hear his voice and tell him just how much I loved him and how lucky I am to be his wife.

He is going to kill me for putting this video on here... I did not say he was the next AMERICAN IDOL... he is however, my idol and when you listen and watch know that love is deaf as much as it is blind...LOL

I love you Bill.... please stay safe and wear helmet and flak or this video is going on YOUTUBE!!! Please thank your fellow Marines for helping you on giving me this amazing gift. My heart beats for your return.......love always...ME.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Dave and I will be celebrating 15 years this month also on April 27th. That was sooooooo sweeeeeeet!!!!! You guys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this. :) Happy Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete